Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 1 m servings 493 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 dozen patties)
- Combine 1 1/2 cup water and lentils in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until lentils are soft, about 20 minutes. Drain any excess water.
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted, about 5 minutes more. Pour off any excess cooking liquid from the skillet.
- Combine lentils, sweet potatoes, broccoli, onion and spinach mixture, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, and garlic in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Whisk eggs, flour, vegetable seasoning, and black pepper into a smooth paste in another bowl. Mix paste into sweet potato mixture. Shape into patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry patties, working in batches, until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.
- Cook's Note:
- To reduce fat content, you can bake the patties at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 minutes per side.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 493 calories; 16.5 g fat; 62.4 g carbohydrates; 28.2 g protein; 113 mg cholesterol; 564 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I'm giving this four stars only because I changed it to use what I had on hand. I'd like to give it ten stars, because as I made it, it's delicious! I made the recipe by half for my small family...