Apple Cinnamon Caramel Creme Brulee
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 57 m servings 562
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 6-ounce ramekins)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Whisk heavy cream, egg yolks, and white sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove custard from heat when it starts to simmer. Whisk in vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Arrange apple slices in the bottom of six 6-ounce ramekins. Divide caramel topping evenly over apples. Ladle custard over caramel.
- Transfer ramekins to a baking dish. Pour enough warm water into the dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until custard is set, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 3 hours.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Arrange ramekins on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar over each custard.
- Broil in the preheated oven until sugar is melted and crisp, about 2 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you have a blowtorch, sprinkle brown sugar over custards and use it to crisp the tops instead of the broiler, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 562 calories; 33.8 64.1 4.9 314 139 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1