Annie's White Chocolate-Kahlua® Creme Brulee
"I try to come up with at least one new dish for every holiday with the family. I decided to do a creme brulee one year, and found several recipes that looked interesting but none were quite what I wanted. I ended up combining a couple, then tweaking until my hubby said, That's it! Now when the torch comes out, everyone starts swarming! I've even found hidden dishes in the refrigerator where someone has saved one for themselves."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 52 m servings 736
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 6-ounce ramekins)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Whisk egg yolks and 1/3 cup white sugar together in a bowl until smooth.
- Bring 1 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Add white chocolate. Remove from heat and whisk until chocolate is melted.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of cream mixture into egg yolks, whisking constantly to prevent eggs from scrambling. Pour remaining cream mixture over egg yolks, whisking until custard is thick and smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and coffee liqueur.
- Pour custard into four 6-ounce ramekins. Arrange ramekins in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Pour in enough warm water to come 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until custard is set, about 45 minutes. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Arrange ramekins on a baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon white sugar over each custard.
- Broil in the preheated oven until sugar is melted and crispy, about 2 minutes. Chill before serving, 5 to 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use a blow torch instead of a broiler to caramelize the sugar topping if preferred.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 736 calories; 55.8 47.9 7.2 415 79 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1