Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 24 m servings 423
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 ramekins)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Bring orange juice, lemon juice, and lime juice to a boil in a saucepan; cook until reduced to about 2 tablespoons liquid, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat cream and 1/3 cup sugar together in a separate saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar completely dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks together in a bowl until frothy. Whisk reduced juice mixture into egg yolks until fully combined. Pour cream mixture in gradually, whisking constantly, until thin custard forms.
- Strain custard mixture through a fine sieve; divide into six 5-ounce ramekins. Place ramekins in a baking dish; pour in enough boiling water to come half way up the sides of ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven until just set, about 1 hour. Remove from oven, cool slightly, and cover ramekins with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Remove plastic wrap from ramekins. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar in a thin layer over top of each ramekin. Brown sugar under a broiler until golden and caramelized, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Browning sugar to finish the creme brulee can be done with a kitchen torch instead of using a broiler, if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 423 calories; 33.1 29.7 4 279 37 Full nutrition