Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients48 m servings 653 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 recipe)
- Blend olive oil, shallots, chile pepper, garlic, shrimp paste, lemon grass, ginger root, and turmeric together in the bowl of a food processor until smooth paste forms, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Heat paste in a large saucepan over medium heat until very fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add coconut milk, palm sugar, kaffir lime leaves, cinnamon, cloves, sea salt, and white pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir in beef; reduce heat to gentle simmer. Cook mixture until beef is tender and sauce is thick, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Remove kaffir lime leaves to serve.
- Cook's Notes:
- Beef stock can be added if sauce thickens too much during cooking.
- Substitute dark brown sugar for palm sugar, if desired.
- Sauce can be cooked for longer than recommended time if too thin, or add cornstarch and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 653 calories; 37.5 g fat; 32.6 g carbohydrates; 47.6 g protein; 112 mg cholesterol; 994 mg sodium. Full nutrition