High Fiber Bread
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 101 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 1-pound loaves)
- Place water, molasses, yeast, wheat flour, ground flax seed, bread flour, oat bran, rolled oats, amaranth seeds, and salt in the pan of a bread machine in the order recommended by manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press start and allow machine to run complete dough cycle.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Form dough into 2 loaves and place on baking stone. Cover loaves with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Slide loaf onto a work surface and gently tap bottom of loaf. If it sounds hollow, bread is done.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 101 calories; 2.1 g fat; 18.2 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 100 mg sodium. Full nutrition
How much yeast is in a package of yeast?
Can I freeze dough and then bake it later?
I want my bread loaves to have a thicker crust. What can I do?
Ask Your Question
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I was constantly making a bread with flax and sunflower seeds until I made this one!It is chock full of great ingredients and the molasses gives it amazing color...it is my new"normal" bread..I ...