Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 40 m servings 271
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Cut poblano in half from top to bottom; remove the stem, seeds, and ribs. Place cut side-down onto baking sheet.
- Cook poblano pepper under the preheated broiler until the skin of the pepper has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place in a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow pepper to steam as it cools, 10 to 20 minutes. Remove and discard skin; dice pepper.
- Combine diced pepper, beans, bacon, onion, shallot, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker. Pour in chicken stock.
- Cook on High until beans begin to soften, about 3 hours. Taste broth to check seasoning. Stir in barbeque sauce and hot sauce. Continue cooking on High until beans soften and flavors are combined, about 3 hours more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Check the broth level as you cook you might need a little bit more broth after the beans have been cooking for a few hours.
- Substitute 1 teaspoon chili powder for the barbeque sauce if desired.
Per Serving: 271 calories; 5 40.6 17.6 11 969 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I followed the recipe. Liked the light pepper flavor. Needs a little more salt which I added to eat. Goes great with cornbread and a jalapeno pepper! Will make again.