Ingredients1 h 18 m servings 1206
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and 1 teaspoon garlic; cook and stir until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Transfer onion and mushroom mixture to a small bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet. Add remaining 1 teaspoon garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Transfer to another bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Dust work surface with flour. Lay 1 puff pastry sheet out on work surface. Spread onion and mushroom mixture evenly across pastry, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Center salmon on top. Sprinkle paprika over salmon and top with wilted spinach. Cover with second puff pastry sheet. Fold over and crimp edges to seal. Brush top with beaten egg. Transfer to baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice into 4 portions.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and dill together in a small bowl. Spoon sauce onto 4 plates and place a piece of salmon on each.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute spinach with asparagus spears. Use 1 heaping teaspoon fresh dill instead of the dried if preferred.
- Use espelette pepper instead of the smoked paprika if you can find it.
- If using a convection oven, bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Per Serving: 1206 calories; 85.7 60.8 47.8 132 653 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Ooo la la! A little bit of work but a lot of great taste! If you want people to be impressed, serve this. It's not difficult even though there are many steps.
Very tasty, and elegant enough to serve at a dinner party. It really needs the sauce for flavor. The sauce is fabulous. The sauce also happens to be fantastic on eggs, steak, chicken...you name ...
This was my first time using salmon and also using puff pastry so it was a lot of fun. The recipe is very easy to follow. I made this dish for my husband. I added a side of brown rice, spinach a...
For me, this needs a major alteration that I tried! Made it once according to directions and flavors were great but it was an OVERWHELMING mouthful of pastry that I had to cook longer in order ...