Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients41 m servings 217 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 3-quart baking dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring salted water to a boil in a saucepan. Cook cauliflower until easily pierced with a fork, about 5 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a baking dish with slotted spoon. Cook broccoli until easily pierced with a fork, about 2 minutes. Transfer broccoli to baking dish with slotted spoon.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Simmer, whisking constantly, until sauce is smooth and thickened, about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; gradually whisk in 4 ounces Cheddar cheese. Stir in parsley, garlic, mustard, red pepper flakes, and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower and broccoli; toss to coat. Combine tortilla chips and remaining Cheddar cheese in a small bowl; sprinkle over cauliflower and broccoli.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Increase heat to broil; bake until bubbly and brown, about 5 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- I prefer flax and soy tortilla chips for this recipe.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 12.6 g fat; 16.5 g carbohydrates; 11.6 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 318 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I only used one head of cauliflower so the sauce was enough to coat all of it. I also added about 1/8 cup of water to thin it out a little bit (to make sure it could coat the cauliflower). I hav...