Ingredients41 m servings 217
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring salted water to a boil in a saucepan. Cook cauliflower until easily pierced with a fork, about 5 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a baking dish with slotted spoon. Cook broccoli until easily pierced with a fork, about 2 minutes. Transfer broccoli to baking dish with slotted spoon.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil. Simmer, whisking constantly, until sauce is smooth and thickened, about 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; gradually whisk in 4 ounces Cheddar cheese. Stir in parsley, garlic, mustard, red pepper flakes, and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower and broccoli; toss to coat. Combine tortilla chips and remaining Cheddar cheese in a small bowl; sprinkle over cauliflower and broccoli.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Increase heat to broil; bake until bubbly and brown, about 5 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- I prefer flax and soy tortilla chips for this recipe.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 217 calories; 12.6 16.5 11.6 36 318 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made a number of substitutions based on what I had on hand. I used one head of cauliflower and no broccoli, but did not decrease the sauce because of other reviews. I used Jarlsberg Swiss ra...
Not bad, but also not something I'd make again, as written. The flavor was weird with all the extra seasonings in the roux, and it could have been significantly simplified. I really didn't care ...
I only used one head of cauliflower so the sauce was enough to coat all of it. I also added about 1/8 cup of water to thin it out a little bit (to make sure it could coat the cauliflower). I hav...