Ingredients37 m servings 195 cals
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets, cover, and steam until very tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a plate.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Butter a baking dish.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk in flour until paste forms, about 1 minute. Whisk in chicken stock and cook until thickened, about 1 minute more. Add steamed cauliflower; whip with hand mixer or immersion blender until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in half-and-half, all but 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese, all but 1 tablespoon of the mozzarella cheese, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Pour cauliflower mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese, remaining mozzarella cheese, nutmeg, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use a steamer appliance or steamer insert to steam the cauliflower, if desired. Cooking times may vary for these methods.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 195 calories; 10.6 g fat; 18.3 g carbohydrates; 10.6 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 559 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I haven't left many reviews, but this is one dish that I had to take the time, plus I see there's not many reviews for it yet but there should be. This is a great base recipe. I have made i...
5.10.16 I scaled this recipe down to 2 servings (1 head of cauliflower), and in this house, this recipe would have served a minimum of 3, maybe even 4 (which makes this break down even nutrition...
I cook a lot, and I don't often say a recipe is difficult (and its not that it was difficult) but I felt like there were way too many steps for a simple side dish that wasn't very good. Then whe...
Wowza! I subbed gruyere for the cheeses listed and put smoked paprika on the top along with the nutmeg. I can't believe how good this was! This is a must for the upcoming holidays.