"These Aren't Potatoes?" Garlic Cauliflower Au Gratin
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 340
- Cut cauliflower florets from the stems. Separate florets into their smallest subsections. Slice and halve stems into small pieces.
- Whisk half-and-half, 3 teaspoons black pepper, garlic powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Scatter 1/3 of the butter cubes and 1/3 of the garlic slices on the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Layer 1/2 of the cauliflower on top. Scatter another 1/3 of the butter cubes and garlic slices on top. Cover with 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the half-and-half mixture. Repeat layering remaining butter cubes, garlic slices, cauliflower, and Cheddar cheese. Pour in remaining half-and-half mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 teaspoon of black pepper on top of the baking dish. Arrange the mozzarella cheese slices across the top, covering the layers underneath.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle Romano cheese and paprika on top.
- Return to the oven and continue baking until cheese crust is golden-brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute provolone or Muenster cheese for the mozzarella if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 340 calories; 25.5 8.6 20.4 83 945 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
What can I say other than it was really good and everyone ate every bit. I did also make a pan with 1/2 potato and 1/2 cauliflower that worked nice as well. Some liked using just cauliflower eve...
This is cauliflower boiled in cheese. I made it according to the recipe, and it had large amounts of extra liquid (a combo of grease, water, and cream) that was really, really gross. I didn't ev...