Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 278
- Chop cauliflower stems into small pieces. Measure out 1/2 cup of cauliflower florets and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets and cook uncovered until crisp tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain. Toss with Parmesan cheese and chives.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Add reserved stems and chopped florets, shallot, and garlic; cook and stir until tender but not brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until broth evaporates completely, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour 1 cup heavy cream into the skillet and puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in horseradish, salt, and black pepper. Transfer to a baking dish and add blanched florets; toss to coat evenly with cream mixture. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons heavy cream and top with Gruyere cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1/4 cup chopped onion for the shallot if preferred. Substitute 1 teaspoon garlic powder for the minced garlic if desired.
- You can use half-and-half instead of heavy cream to lighten the dish up.
- Use a food processor instead of an immersion blender if preferred.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 24 10.9 7.4 83 261 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Loved this! My husband is not a fan of cauliflower and I am always looking for new recipes to try. The horseradish makes this dish and completely won over my husband. Thanks for the recipe!
made it according to recipe, only added some sliced mushrooms which blended in just fine.
This was fantastic. Didn't have gruyere, so I used sharp cheddar. Not a speck left! It was just delicious.