Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 278
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Chop cauliflower stems into small pieces. Measure out 1/2 cup of cauliflower florets and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower florets and cook uncovered until crisp tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain. Toss with Parmesan cheese and chives.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Add reserved stems and chopped florets, shallot, and garlic; cook and stir until tender but not brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until broth evaporates completely, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour 1 cup heavy cream into the skillet and puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in horseradish, salt, and black pepper. Transfer to a baking dish and add blanched florets; toss to coat evenly with cream mixture. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons heavy cream and top with Gruyere cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1/4 cup chopped onion for the shallot if preferred. Substitute 1 teaspoon garlic powder for the minced garlic if desired.
- You can use half-and-half instead of heavy cream to lighten the dish up.
- Use a food processor instead of an immersion blender if preferred.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 278 calories; 24 10.9 7.4 83 261 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
made it according to recipe, only added some sliced mushrooms which blended in just fine.
This was fantastic. Didn't have gruyere, so I used sharp cheddar. Not a speck left! It was just delicious.