Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 374 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts, cover, and steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sift chickpea and rice flour together in a large bowl; mix in coriander, cumin, baking powder, salt, and black pepper. Whisk in enough water until pakora batter is the consistency of pancake batter. Stir in Brussels sprouts, cilantro, and chile peppers until combined.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scoop a few tablespoons of pakora batter at a time into the hot oil. Fry until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 374 calories; 24.4 g fat; 33.4 g carbohydrates; 9.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 135 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I'm impressed with this recipe. I love Brussels sprouts and I love pakora, so I gave it a try. I used fresh sprouts, and mine were so tiny that I didn't bother to cut them at all. Unfortunatel...