Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 20 m servings 178
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 pints)
- Toss zucchini, cucumbers, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and jalapeno together in a very large bowl. Add salt and water to cover vegetable mixture; refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight. Strain vegetable mixture and rinse well.
- Bring sugar, rice vinegar, white vinegar, turmeric, mustard seed, onion powder, garlic powder, and rosemary to a boil in a large stock pot. Add vegetable mixture; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack vegetable mixture with vinegar mixture into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process, 10 minutes for half-pints or 15 minutes for pints.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Any type of summer squash can be substituted for some or all of the zucchini.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of brine ingredients. The actual amount of brine consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 178 calories; 0.6 43.6 2.3 0 7071 Full nutrition