Ingredients1 h 2 m servings 388
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles; cook, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cool tap water until cooled, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in leeks and cook until slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add carrots and celery; cook and stir, about 2 minutes. Add potatoes; cook and stir, about 2 minutes.
- Cover skillet and cook until vegetables release some moisture, about 5 minutes. Stir in turmeric, white pepper, and salt. Pour in water and bring soup to a boil.
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a separate pot. Remove from heat and pour in soup. Stir in egg noodles. Return to heat and simmer until flavors combine, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute chicken broth for the vegetable broth if desired.
Per Serving: 388 calories; 12.6 59.8 9.6 35 587 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
This was wonderful! We subbed zucchini "zoodles" for the egg noddles, just adding them raw at the last 2 minutes to warm up but stay crunchy. It is hearty. It is full of flavor. It is definitely...
See my reviews under another great recipe for "Potato Leek Soup II" by Julie. I took both recipes and combined them to make one fantabulous soup! I loved both versions, and could not decide whi...
I made it at a soup kitchen I volunteer at . Everyone loved it! I will make again!
Loved this soup. I had to add 1tsp more fresh ginger to the soup as it wasn't strong enough. But overall a good result and very easy to make.
Very tasty, comforting soup, perfect on a cold winter day or if you're feeling under the weather. I followed the recipe exactly, except for using more carrots in place of the celery. Next time I...
Delicious! The ginger and white pepper give this a subtle, pleasing bite and the turmeric provides a rich, beautiful color. Perfect soup if you are a little under the weather. I made two small c...
Made it for the first time last week and it came out awesome! I added some more ingredients for more flavor:
I decided to simplify a few steps. Once the veggies were sauted, and before the cover and cook step, I added both the water AND broth, along with uncooked noodles. Then covers and simmered unti...