Pol Roti (Coconut Roti)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 159 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 rotis)
- Sift flour into a large bowl and mix in salt. Stir in coconut, chile peppers, and onion. Mix in water gradually until dough is soft and slightly sticky. Knead dough until it is smooth and leaves the side of the bowl, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Grease your palms and the top of the dough lightly with oil. Divide dough into 8 balls and place on a lightly greased work surface. Flatten each ball with your palm into a roti about 1/4-inch thick.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat. Cook rotis, flipping often, until golden brown spots begin to appear on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Although it is essential that all surfaces the roti is placed on and your hands are greased to prevent sticking, don't overdo the oil. Just make sure everything is lightly greased at all times, using just a few drops at a time. The specified amount of oil should be fine but don't hesitate to use a little more or less if required.
- For the onion sambol, slice 1 onion and mix with a generous pinch of chile powder, 1 chopped green chile pepper, some salt and a little lime juice.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 159 calories; 4.2 g fat; 26.6 g carbohydrates; 3.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 295 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1