Ingredients47 m servings 553
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add quinoa; cook and stir until quinoa is lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour in chicken broth slowly. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until most of the chicken broth is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Layer broccoli, kale, and red bell pepper over quinoa in the skillet. Cover and cook until quinoa is tender, about 8 minutes more. Fluff quinoa with a fork. Sprinkle cilantro and olives on top. Season with salt and black pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute unrefined coconut oil for the extra-virgin olive oil if desired.
- Substitute Bragg® Liquid Aminos for the salt and black pepper if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 553 calories; 18 79.6 23.7 4 451 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I love the concept of this recipe. I made a few changes to suit my preferences and absolutely love it. I cook the veggies and quinoa separate and add garlic and onion powder to taste when cookin...
The broccoli did not cook, so I had to separate it out to cook it separately, then add it in again at the end. It made a mess. I also think this recipe could use additional/ stronger seasonings....
I didn't have any cilantro so I substituted parsley. It was really good and satisfying so filling we couldn't eat it all. Will definitely keep it in my healthy eating arsenal.
We absolutely loved this dish. It was easy to make and healthy as well. I left out the olives simply because I don't like them. I didn't have fresh cilantro so used dry. Highly recommend!