Ingredients47 m servings 553 cals
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add quinoa; cook and stir until quinoa is lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour in chicken broth slowly. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until most of the chicken broth is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Layer broccoli, kale, and red bell pepper over quinoa in the skillet. Cover and cook until quinoa is tender, about 8 minutes more. Fluff quinoa with a fork. Sprinkle cilantro and olives on top. Season with salt and black pepper and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute unrefined coconut oil for the extra-virgin olive oil if desired.
- Substitute Bragg® Liquid Aminos for the salt and black pepper if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 553 calories; 18 g fat; 79.6 g carbohydrates; 23.7 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 451 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I love the concept of this recipe. I made a few changes to suit my preferences and absolutely love it. I cook the veggies and quinoa separate and add garlic and onion powder to taste when cookin...
The broccoli did not cook, so I had to separate it out to cook it separately, then add it in again at the end. It made a mess. I also think this recipe could use additional/ stronger seasonings....
Delicious and hearty with added grilled chicken!! Can add more seasonings such as rosemary and oregano for added flavor and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.