Ingredients27 m servings 339
- Whisk rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger together in a large bowl until dressing is combined.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add soba noodles, stir, and return water to a boil. Boil noodles until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain noodles in a colander under cold running water until cool, about 1 minute.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breast pieces until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 2 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, salt, and pepper; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Toss soba noodles, chicken, celery, carrot, red pepper, cilantro, green onion, and sesame seeds together with dressing in large bowl.
- Cook's Note:
- I use yamaimo soba, a buckwheat soba that contains yamaimo, a japanese mountain yam.
Per Serving: 339 calories; 15.2 38.3 15.5 23 704 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 19
This is exactly the sort of healthy dinner or lunch you want when it's hot. It's super delicious, filling, and fantastic! I've made this a handful of times and keep the dressing recipe the same ...
Delicious and fresh noodle salad. I would suggest making a bit more of the dressing and allowing the veggies to marinate in them while the noodles and chicken cook. Also, I added some of the dre...
I made it exactly as described, and it's perfect! In fact, I've made it 5 times within the past month. It's the perfect quick weeknight dinner, and the leftovers are even better for lunch the ne...
Loved it! I did not have carrots, but I do now and will make it today. My husband has heart issues so I was concerned about some of the ingredients e.g. Soy sauce and need to use a very low so...
I took out the sesame due to allergies in the house, and it was fine with only 1 tbsp olive oil. I added 1/2 cup cooked edamame, and used shrimp instead of chicken. It made a great cold lunch!
Worked well as written. I skipped the celery too, and added blanched broccoli.
Yum! Made dressing exactly as directed. Added thin strips of raw tri color peppers, green onions, broccoli. It's a keeper!