Swedish Turkey Meatballs
Ingredients53 m servings 435
- Mix ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and Italian seasoning by hand in a large bowl. Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
- Place beef broth in a microwave-safe container and microwave on high until hot, about 2 minutes. Whisk flour into beef broth until smooth.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs, in batches if necessary, and cook until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low. Pour in beef broth slowly over meatballs. Stir in heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Serve meatballs and sauce over noodles.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute lean ground beef for the turkey if preferred. If you do not use lean ground meat, you may want to brown the meatballs first and then drain the grease before adding the butter and making the sauce.
- Substitute half-and-half for the cream if preferred; fat-free is OK.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 435 calories; 29.4 15.2 28.3 181 533 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
Recipe divided well. Cut all ingredients in half and substituted sour cream for the whipping cream (was out and didn't want to use half and half because I need that for my coffee). Also substit...
We thought this made a lovely dinner. Just so you know, there are two camps on Swedish meatballs---one says yes to sauce, and the other says no way! I've tried both ways, and both are delicio...
I made these and every one couldn't get enough. I did change a couple of the ingredients only because of lack of having what it called for, I used 1/2 and 1/2 in place of the heavy cream and soy...
So easy! Quick recipe. And had all the ingredients on hand. The only thing I changed was to add salt to the gravy-which I doubled because we love our sauces! It seemed to need a little more seas...
This was really good and I learned s new way to make a rue! We added some salt and used 2% milk instead of heavy cream-still made a delicious sauce.
Excellent! Used Italian bread crumbs in addition to using Italian seasoning. Used milk instead of cream. Used 1 lb meat, cut down meatball ingredients accordingly but made full amount gravy. Wan...
I made this for my family. It was quick easy and best of all delicious! My incredibly "yuck to all new things" boys both gave it a thumbs up. so that's a huge success!!
Great recipe for my family. I was in a pinch for time so I cheated and used frozen turkey meatballs. I started from beef broth mixture in the recipe. Still delicious!