Bacon Breakfast Casserole (Gluten Free)
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 276 cals
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon bacon grease. Crumble bacon into pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish with reserved bacon grease.
- Place milk, eggs, seasoned salt, and black pepper in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth and pale, about 5 minutes. Add bacon pieces, Cheddar cheese, onion, and green bell pepper; beat until combined, about 1 1/2 minutes more.
- Layer potato slices in the bottom of the casserole dish. Pour egg mixture over potatoes. Arrange sliced mushrooms on top. Cover casserole with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven, about 35 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake until eggs are set, about 30 minutes more.
- Partner tip: Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 18.8 g fat; 8.1 g carbohydrates; 18.7 g protein; 193 mg cholesterol; 655 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
This is a great idea. I halved the recipe. I diced the bacon and cooked it in a 8" cast iron skillet, then used the same skillet to assemble the casserole. I used red, orange and yellow peppers...
Took the advice of the other posts and reduced the milk for chicken eggs, chopped the bacon first and then cooked them crisp, softened the mushrooms in the left over bacon grease before throwing...
Halved the recipe, and used a square baking dish. Used spicy ground pork in place of bacon, because that's what I had. Also used regular potatoes, rather than red potatoes. Turned out great. The...
This was great but I modified it a bit. We do not like bell peppers so left that out. Used red onion, it was all I had on hand. Half amount of milk since I used chicken eggs. I out a can of mu...
The entire family loved it! I used a 15" cast iron skillet in place of a 9 X 13; used Spike for the seasoned salt, an orange pepper in place of the green pepper, and used a mix of cremini, oyste...
So good! Everyone wanted the recipe. I had to use frozen hashbrowns as I didint have any potatoes. Still came out great!
Enjoyed this one. Used less bacon...... wouldn’t do that again, and it was a lot of potatoe, would decrease (but the ones I had were fairly large). Otherwise was very good. Will make it again.