Indonesian Spicy Chicken Barbeque (Ayam Bakar Pedas)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 32 m servings 487 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place shallots, red bell pepper, chile peppers, lemongrass, macadamia nuts, garlic, ginger, sugar, turmeric, and salt in a food processor. Pulse into a smooth spice paste.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add spice paste; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken legs and coconut milk to the skillet; stir well to make sure chicken is coated with sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and let cool, about 15 minutes. Reserve sauce for serving.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill chicken until skin is dark and caramelized, about 5 minutes per side. Serve with reserved sauce.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute curry powder for the turmeric if desired.
Per Serving: 487 calories; 33.2 g fat; 17.4 g carbohydrates; 29.9 g protein; 94 mg cholesterol; 134 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1