Ingredients1 h 13 m servings 624
- Place shrimp in a large bowl of cold water until thawed, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in the microwave in 15-second intervals, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Mix in garlic and half the lemon juice.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp, garlic butter mixture, and sambal oelek. Cook and stir until garlic is cooked and shrimp are heated through, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Bring water and sushi rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand, covered, until liquid has been absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Serve shrimp over rice, topped with remaining lemon juice and green onions.
- Cook's Note:
- You can keep the tails on the shrimp if preferred.
Per Serving: 624 calories; 20.2 94.2 19.7 158 430 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I needed to make dinner and I had Sambal Oelek and Uncle Ben's Rice in the fridge, along with frozen Trader Joe's shrimp. I thought, "What can I do with this?" and randomly found this recipe. Hu...
Made as directed except didn't use green onions and used extra garlic. Was very tasty and quick to make. The sambal amount was just right and the aroma was mouthwatering. Only thing it was too o...