Goan Prawn Pulao
"Prawn curry is a dish that is eaten on a regular everyday basis with white rice among the Goan/Konkan community."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 102
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Season prawns with sea salt.
- Grind coconut, chile peppers, coriander seeds, garlic, and peppercorns together using a mortar and pestle until masala is evenly orange.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened and lightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix masala and turmeric into onion; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add enough water to make a substantial and smooth gravy.
- Bring gravy to a boil; add prawns and okra and cook until prawns are cooked through and okra is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir kokum into prawn mixture and return to a boil. Remove pot from heat and let stand.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Optionally you could used coconut milk instead of the grated coconut.
Per Serving: 102 calories; 5.2 7.7 7.2 58 125 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1