Ingredients1 h 34 m servings 483
- Place vegetable stock, onion, soy sauce, garlic, cinnamon sticks, ground ginger, star anise, and bay leaves in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until flavors combine, 30 to 45 minutes. Remove solids with a slotted spoon and keep broth hot.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside until noodles are softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly. Divide noodles among 6 serving bowls.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add tofu in a single layer and fry, in batches, until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side.
- Simmer fried tofu and mushrooms in broth until heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to serving bowls. Top with scallions and cilantro. Ladle in hot broth.
- Serve lime wedges, jalapeno peppers, bean sprouts, and basil alongside for garnishing each bowl.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for preparing the rice noodles are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the package if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 12.6 77.7 16.6 0 1209 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Vegans rejoice! This is delicious, as good as the best pho restaurant! I couldn't find enoki mushrooms, substituted small brown mushrooms, still good,. Don't substitute the star anise, an ...
I made this as written for the most part with the following exceptions: I chose to add some broccoli and cauliflower because I wanted more veggies. Even though the restaurants do fry the tofu be...
Very good. The broth is very flavorful. It’s quite easy to put together. Thank you for the recipe.
So very delicious, it is one of our favorite dishes. My bf isn't felling well tonight (NYE), I asked him if he'd rather have PHO than the meal that I had intended, he felt better at the very m...