Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 34 m servings 483
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 bowls)
- Place vegetable stock, onion, soy sauce, garlic, cinnamon sticks, ground ginger, star anise, and bay leaves in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until flavors combine, 30 to 45 minutes. Remove solids with a slotted spoon and keep broth hot.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside until noodles are softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly. Divide noodles among 6 serving bowls.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add tofu in a single layer and fry, in batches, until golden brown, about 6 minutes per side.
- Simmer fried tofu and mushrooms in broth until heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to serving bowls. Top with scallions and cilantro. Ladle in hot broth.
- Serve lime wedges, jalapeno peppers, bean sprouts, and basil alongside for garnishing each bowl.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for preparing the rice noodles are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the package if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 12.6 77.7 16.6 0 1209 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Vegans rejoice! This is delicious, as good as the best pho restaurant! I couldn't find enoki mushrooms, substituted small brown mushrooms, still good,. Don't substitute the star anise, an ...