Bananas Foster French Toast
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 514
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 9x13-inch baking dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice bread rolls horizontally without separating into individual rolls, creating 2 even halves.
- Whisk eggs in a large, shallow bowl until smooth. Stir in milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to make a smooth batter.
- Dip bottom half of bread rolls into batter, coating both sides, and place in baking dish. Cover bread with sliced bananas. Sprinkle brown sugar and pecans on top. Dot with cubes of butter. Dip top half of bread rolls in batter, coating both sides, and place on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until middle is set and top is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Sprinkle a small bit of brown sugar and chopped pecans on top for extra crunch if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 514 calories; 14.2 66.4 19.1 156 317 Full nutrition