Marty Bars: Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Southern Cali Cook
Ingredients50 m servings 156
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix mashed bananas, oats, frozen fruit, applesauce, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl until well-combined.
- Spread mixture evenly on a nonstick jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet. Use a thick rolled piece of aluminum foil to block off edges if mixture does not reach all the way across.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan, about 15 minutes. Cut into bars.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use a mix of frozen mango, strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries if preferred.
- Optional additions: Try a few tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, nuts, protein powder, or dried fruits.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 156 calories; 1.9 31.6 4.2 0 27 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These were really good...I did add a tablespoon of honey to them because I wanted them a tad sweeter, but I would definitely make them again.
I'm new to dedicated healthy eating (we -- my family and I -- have only been eating gluten-free/lactose-free for a couple of weeks now) and I've never been the best at baking, so making these ba...