Ingredients1 h servings 324 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Combine whole oats, oat flour, brown sugar, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Stir in almond milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract until well combined. Fold in blueberries and walnuts. Spread mixture into prepared square pan; top with shredded coconut.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden and coconut is brown; about 35 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Cook's Notes:
- Oat flour can be made by grinding 1 cup whole oats in a food processor.
- Any type of milk can be used in place of the almond milk in this recipe.
- Substitute frozen blueberries for the fresh, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 15.5 g fat; 41.4 g carbohydrates; 8.1 g protein; 62 mg cholesterol; 305 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I followed the recipe to a "T", including making my own oat flour according to the submitter's note. Baking time was spot on at 35 minutes. Don't skip the optional coconut, it really makes it ta...
After reading others' reviews c/o crumbly-ness, I used 1/2c oat flour and 1/2 c whole wheat pasty flour instead of 1 c oat flour (to get more gluten), and added a little more salt. I haven't had...