Ingredients1 h servings 324
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Combine whole oats, oat flour, brown sugar, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Stir in almond milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract until well combined. Fold in blueberries and walnuts. Spread mixture into prepared square pan; top with shredded coconut.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden and coconut is brown; about 35 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Cook's Notes:
- Oat flour can be made by grinding 1 cup whole oats in a food processor.
- Any type of milk can be used in place of the almond milk in this recipe.
- Substitute frozen blueberries for the fresh, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 324 calories; 15.5 41.4 8.1 62 305 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I followed the recipe to a "T", including making my own oat flour according to the submitter's note. Baking time was spot on at 35 minutes. Don't skip the optional coconut, it really makes it ta...
I doubled the batch and put them in a 8x13 pan. They were moist and delicious! I did not add the walnuts for personal taste reasons.
After reading others' reviews c/o crumbly-ness, I used 1/2c oat flour and 1/2 c whole wheat pasty flour instead of 1 c oat flour (to get more gluten), and added a little more salt. I haven't had...
My family loved this! It was a little crumbly, but we didn't let it cool before eating it.