Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 8 m servings 158 cals
Original recipe yields 20 servings (1 1/4 cups)
- Place oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat oil to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) using a candy thermometer to gauge temperature.
- Break chipotle chiles into small pieces and place into a a spice grinder; pulse to grind into 1/8-inch pieces. Stir ground chipotle chiles and red pepper flakes into the hot oil. Cook until chile oil begins to foam, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove chile oil from heat; cover and let sit for 4 hours to overnight. Pour chile oil through a fine mesh strainer into a sealable container.
- Cook's Notes:
- Adjust pepper quantities to your level of heat tolerance. I like mine hot.
- I use a very light olive oil, but you can use peanut oil for a richer flavor.
Per Serving: 158 calories; 16.9 g fat; 2.7 g carbohydrates; 0.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 2 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1