Balkan-Style Savory Cornbread
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 286
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch baking pan)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter 9x13-inch baking pan; sprinkle 2 tablespoons cornmeal on bottom.
- Sift all-purpose flour, semolina flour, 1/2 cup cornmeal, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Whisk spinach, buttermilk, feta cheese, eggs, and vegetable oil together in a separate large bowl. Stir flour mixture into spinach mixture just until pourable batter forms. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute 1 cup of plain yogurt for 1 cup buttermilk for a denser, tangier cornbread.
- Feta in brine has a creamier texture, saltier flavor, and can be found in most international grocery stores. If you cannot get brined feta, use regular feta and increase salt to 2 teaspoons.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 286 calories; 18.3 22.2 8.7 78 519 Full nutrition