Savory Vegetarian Cream Puffs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients54 m servings 171
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 cream puffs)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet or baking stone with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Place water, butter, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is melted and dissolved, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add flour all at once and cook, stirring vigorously, until a ball of dough forms and pulls away from the sides of the pan, 15 to 30 seconds.
- Transfer dough to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Let cool, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating on medium-low speed after each addition, until batter is smooth and shiny, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer batter to a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe the batter into 2-inch mounds by squeezing close to the sheet and slowly pulling up.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffy, about 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking until shells are crispy and set, 13 to 15 minutes more.
- Place goat cheese, dill, and salt in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Mix until filling is creamy and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip. Pipe filling into the bottom of each shell until filled.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Instead of a pastry bag, you can use a large resealable plastic bag with one of the bottom corners snipped off.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 171 calories; 12.6 8.2 6.5 76 197 Full nutrition