Savory Vegetable Cheesecake
"If you want something different and very pretty, try this. Layers of non-sweet cheesecake filled with colorful sliced veggies and served with a flavorful cucumber sauce. I have made this many times over the years and substituted lots of different veggies. They all work well. It's perfect for a brunch buffet, or serve with a big green salad."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 35 m servings 583
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch cheesecake)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine cracker crumbs and butter in a large bowl to make the crust. Press into bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add sour cream, flour, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper; beat until blended.
- Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Sprinkle shredded carrots on top. Repeat layers with remaining cream cheese mixture, broccoli, and red bell pepper, ending with cream cheese mixture on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and golden, about 1 hour. Turn off oven, open door partially, and leave cheesecake in the oven as it cools, at least 1 hour. Let cool completely, about 1 hour more. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup cucumber, dill, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl; mix until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until serving.
- Slice chilled cheesecake and serve garnished with remaining chopped cucumber and cucumber sauce.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 583 calories; 46.5 31.3 11.8 156 666 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1