Savory Southwestern Waffles
Ingredients13 m servings 224 cals
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until fluffy. Fold in milk, butter, and honey. Add cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring slowly until batter is smooth. Fold in corn and green chile peppers.
- Scoop some batter onto waffle iron; cook until golden brown and crisp or until waffle iron stops steaming, 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook's Notes:
- Either white or yellow cornmeal will work in this recipe.
- Substitute white sugar for the honey if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 224 calories; 8.5 g fat; 31.8 g carbohydrates; 5.7 g protein; 57 mg cholesterol; 738 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made the recipe as written and this was super fun! I do not care for cornbread but made this for my husband. I did take a nibble but left the verdict up to the husband. I didn't care for the c...