Ingredients9 m servings 204
- Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, milk, and black pepper in a shallow bowl until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip both sides of each slice of bread in the egg mixture and place in the skillet. Cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a warmed plate and dot with butter to serve.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute margarine for the butter if preferred.
- I do not add salt to the mixture as Parmesan cheese is quite salty. However, it can be added if you wish for a saltier dish.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 204 calories; 11 13.3 13.1 201 333 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
4 or 5 stars??? Hmmm.... It is hard to decide. Bottom line is we did love these. Just can't say "French Toast" or they expect sweet, cinnamon breakfast food. I told my 'eaters' that they we...
Great concept, my only addition would be garlic, and topped with hollandaise. We garnished with fresh tomatoes, green onions,, and sautéed mushrooms. *I was out of sour cream or I would've...
The idea of a savory French toast was intriguing and different, and this recipe delivers. My family definitely wants me to make it again. I might let the bread soak in the egg mixture a few minu...
My hubby made a face when I said I was going to make this. It was oddly good. The only thing I did different was increase the parmesan to 1/2 cup, because who doesn't love more cheese? We tri...