Savory Salsa Oatmeal
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients31 m servings 618
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 serving)
- Combine water, oats, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high in the microwave until the water is absorbed and oats are tender, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook onion, red bell pepper, olives, and black beans in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir onion mixture, salsa, and Cheddar cheese into cooked oatmeal.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook egg to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes. Top oatmeal with fried egg. Garnish with diced avocado and sour cream.
- Cook's Notes:
- Prepare oatmeal on the stovetop according to directions on the package if preferred.
- One possible variation: Substitute scallions, mushrooms, and snap peas for the onion, pepper, olives, and beans. Substitute soy sauce for the salsa. Omit the avocado and sour cream.
Per Serving: 618 calories; 36.8 52.4 24.6 222 1272 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1