Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients51 m servings 507 cals
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 bowl)
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan; stir in oats and salt. Reduce heat to low and cook oats until tender and water is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Chop kale into 1/4-inch pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add kale; cook and stir until softened and bright green, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Cook until kale is tender, 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer kale to a plate.
- Return skillet to medium heat, add remaining oil. Crack egg into the skillet and cook until egg is white on the bottom layer and firm enough to flip, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip egg gently to avoid cracking yolk. Cook egg to desired doneness, 1 to 3 minutes more.
- Pour oatmeal into serving bowl. Top with kale and egg; season with harissa, salt, and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Eggs can be cooked to your personal taste.
- Substitute any spice blend you prefer for the harissa, if desired. I sometimes like to add a bit of aleppo pepper to my eggs.
Per Serving: 507 calories; 35.6 g fat; 35.5 g carbohydrates; 13.8 g protein; 186 mg cholesterol; 344 mg sodium. Full nutrition