Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 109 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (4 cups batter)
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs, and butter together in a bowl. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Whisk flour mixture into buttermilk mixture until smooth. Set batter aside until bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes. Pour champagne into batter; stir gently.
- Grease a non-stick skillet lightly and heat over medium-high heat. Pour 1/3 cup batter onto the skillet; cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook's Notes:
- Make homemade buttermilk by mixing 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar. Let set 10 to 15 minutes before using.
- Use up to 1 full cup of Champagne, if desired.
- Be sure the pan is very hot before making the first pancake or it will come out soggy.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 109 calories; 2.9 g fat; 15.3 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 177 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2