"The first thing I do when I visit my favorite Thai restaurant is ponder the specials board. On my one of my recent visits, they had avocado curry. I had never thought of mixing a decadent coconut curry with a delicious avocado. After all, delicious fat plus more delicious fat is always a win. So I ordered it, made mental notes along the way and whipped up a batch the very next day. One tweaking batch later, and I've arrived at this. Serve over rice or noodles."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients27 m servings 464
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Blend coconut milk, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup water, seasoning sauce, curry paste, and lime juice in a blender until smooth, adding more water if curry is too thick. Pour curry into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir green beans, tempeh, and carrot into curry; reduce heat to medium. Cover saucepan and cook until beans and carrots are soft, about 15 minutes. Remove cover and add remaining 1/2 avocado, zucchini, and basil; cook and stir until basil is wilted, about 2 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 2 small avocados for the 1 large avocado, if desired.
- I use Golden Mountain® Thai seasoning sauce for this recipe.
- I've tried this with Thai basil but it is best with a large-leafed Genovese or other sweet basil.
Per Serving: 464 calories; 42 24.3 19.4 0 865 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
We made this recipe three times before "perfecting" it to our liking. We substituted 2 tbsp of reduced sodium soy sauce for the Green Mountain seasoning and cut the curry paste in half. We the...