Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 159 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 2-pound snapper)
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place snapper on a large plate; squeeze juice of 1 lemon onto each side and inside cavity. Set snapper aside to marinate, about 10 minutes. Combine soy sauce, butter, and ginger in a small bowl. Mix remaining lemon juice, tomatoes, chives, chile pepper, sugar, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Heat a large skillet to smoking hot over medium-high heat. Cook snapper until just beginning to brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Place snapper on preheated grill; brush with soy mixture on each side. Grill, basting occasionally with soy mixture, until snapper flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer snapper to serving platter. Pour tomato mixture over snapper to serve.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use lime juice instead of lemon juice, if desired.
- I sometimes heat the soy mixture in the microwave for 1 minute and serve it as a sauce for the snapper.
Per Serving: 159 calories; 4.6 g fat; 3.9 g carbohydrates; 24.9 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 545 mg sodium. Full nutrition