Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 398 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 2-pound snapper)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix salt and flour together in a bowl; mix water in gradually until a thick paste forms.
- Spread 1/3 of the salt mixture onto prepared baking sheet to form 1/2-inch thick bottom crust. Place snapper onto bottom crust; cover fully with remaining salt mixture to form 1/2-inch thick top crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Crack crust with a fork; remove crust and skin from snapper to serve.
- Cook's Notes:
- A smaller (1 1/2-pound) snapper can be used for this recipe, if desired.
- I recommend not testing the fish for doneness. It will be done when the crust is golden brown.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of salt crust ingredients. The actual amount of salt consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 398 calories; 3.5 g fat; 35.8 g carbohydrates; 51.4 g protein; 84 mg cholesterol; 132119 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1