Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 292
- Heat water in a sous-vide water bath to 141 degrees F (60.5 degrees C).
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy plastic wrap on a work surface. Flatten chicken with smooth side of a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and Cajon seasoning; cook and stir until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Place mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, and Parmesan cheese together with onion mixture in bowl of a food processor; blend into paste.
- Spread paste onto one side of chicken breasts; roll breasts and secure with toothpicks. Spread remaining paste and sprinkle Cajun seasoning onto rolled breasts; place in individual sealable plastic bags. Seal bags (on low pressure if using a vacuum sealer), removing as much air as possible. Cook chicken in the preheated water bath for 2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Cook's Note:
- Chicken breast rolls can be secured with butchers' string instead of toothpicks, if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 14.2 7.5 32.5 133 400 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
The ingredients in this dish made for a tasty dinner. However, it sounds like this recipe was adapted from a traditional recipe and needs some tweaking for the sous vide technique. First, obvi...
Although the previous writer was correct about the stove finish, remember chicken does not need to get to 165 in a sous vide to be considered safe. I had issues with that when I first used my so...