Healthy Chocolate Almond Granola
"Delicious chocolate almond granola that nobody will know is actually good for you. The chocolate makes it an indulgent morning cereal, or a mid-afternoon snack. The chia seeds add an energy boost. The flax seeds and hemp hearts provide healthy omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. Store in an airtight container."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 322
Original recipe yields 10 servings (5 cups )
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Mix oats, almonds, coconut, chia seeds, flax seeds, and hemp hearts together in a bowl. Mix honey, orange juice, and vanilla extract together in a separate large bowl. Add oat mixture to honey mixture; stir well until evenly coated. Spread granola onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 50 minutes.
- Mix chocolate chips into granola; cool to room temperature.
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe is very versatile. You can add dried fruits or swap out almonds for other nuts. Use dark chocolate for a richer, healthier version of the granola. You can omit the coconut if you prefer, tastes great either way. Get creative!
- Substitute bittersweet chips for the dark chocolate chips, if desired.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 322 calories; 17.9 35.6 7.6 0 8 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2