Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 339
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Butter a 10 1/2-inch round baking dish or pie plate. Fan pear slices out in a single layer in the bottom.
- Beat eggs and sugar together using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in heavy cream, flour, kirsch, lemon zest, vanilla extract, cardamom, and salt on low speed until batter is smooth. Set batter aside to rest, about 15 minutes.
- Pour batter over the pears in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool briefly, about 15 minutes. Serve warm, sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute pear brandy for the kirsch if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 339 calories; 20 34.8 4.3 135 127 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Great pear custard dessert. I covered the bottom of the dish in the batter and placed in the oven for 10 minutes. This added a firmer bottom to the calfloutis. I make may fruit variations
Will try this for Thanksgiving! I've been making a lot of clafoutis versions recently but haven't yet tried pear. It's been a crowd pleaser....I like my 'base' recipe(very similar) that I've bee...