Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 4 m servings 292
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan. Add panko and toss until toasted, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature; stir in pecorino cheese.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut 3 cups of small florets from cauliflower head. Cut remaining cauliflower, including stem, into 2-inch pieces. Boil 2-inch cauliflower pieces and carrots until very tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Strain, reserving water.
- Place broth, Gruyere cheese, Neufchatel cheese, Dijon mustard, salt, and hot pepper sauce in the bowl of a food processor. Add cooked cauliflower and carrots; puree until smooth and creamy.
- Return water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta; boil for 3 minutes. Add cauliflower florets; boil for 1 minute more. Strain pasta and cauliflower, return to pot, and stir in cauliflower and cheese mixture. Spread pasta mixture in prepared baking dish; top with shredded Cheddar cheese and the panko mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes.
You might also like
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 292 calories; 12.3 35.1 12.9 36 514 Full nutrition