Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 50 m servings 45
Original recipe yields 60 servings (60 skewers)
- Place chicken cubes in a large bowl.
- Place onions, brown sugar, garlic, shrimp paste, galangal powder, coriander, cumin, anise seed, black pepper, and turmeric in the bowl of a food processor. Grind into a smooth paste. Transfer to bowl with chicken; mix well to coat chicken.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Thread chicken onto bamboo skewers, leaving enough space to hold skewers. Arrange skewers on baking sheets.
- Broil in the preheated oven until top is browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; flip all the skewers over. Return to the oven and broil second side until browned, about 10 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute white pepper for the black pepper if desired.
- Substitute white sugar for the brown sugar if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- Galangal is a plant in the ginger family. Substitute powdered ginger for the galangal if needed.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 45 calories; 0.9 1.7 7.2 20 18 Full nutrition