Ingredients41 m servings 190
- Bring vegetable broth, hoisin, and sesame oil to a boil in a saucepan; add quinoa. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Combine black beans, eggs, bread, water, garlic, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; mash thoroughly. Add 1 1/2 cup cooled quinoa and mix well.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Form each burger patty using about 1/2 cup of the burger mixture; transfer to the skillet. Cook until golden brown; about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel-lined dish.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute beef broth for vegetable broth, if desired.
- Substitute garlic powder for minced garlic, if desired.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 190 calories; 8.4 22 6.9 47 426 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
It’s very good! I didn’t have hoisin sauce so used soy since. I frayed in peanut oil! Will make this again. I did put some patties in the frig overnight and it helped them stay togethe...
This was a hit at my house, even with my picky eater who won't touch black beans. I subbed in soysauce because I didn't have any hoisin and served them with some BBQ sauce. The leftover quinoa w...
Really love these burgers. The hoisin sauce and sesame oil add such a great flavor.