Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 1 m servings 281 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 patties)
- Combine black rice and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Stir gently and measure out 3 cups; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until golden, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Mash kidney beans in a large bowl until smooth. Add 3 cups cooked black rice, onion and garlic mixture, chile powder, paprika, turmeric, ketchup, nutritional yeast, bread crumbs, and vital wheat gluten, stirring well after each addition with a spoon or your hands until mixture is the consistency of soft dough. Shape into 8 patties and arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake patties in the preheated oven until browned, about 20 minutes. Flip patties and continue to cook until second side is browned, about 20 minutes more.
- Cook's Note:
- The patty texture should be slightly softer than Play-Doh®. Add a bit of water or bread crumbs to adjust the texture as needed.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 281 calories; 3.5 g fat; 44.8 g carbohydrates; 17.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 257 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1