Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients36 m servings 685
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 chicken breasts)
- Place frozen chopped spinach in microwave-safe bowl with water. Cook in microwave until hot, 6 to 7 minutes; cool until easily handled. Squeeze spinach to extract liquid. Combine spinach, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, parsley, garlic, basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor; puree until smooth.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap; pound each breast using a meat mallet until flattened. Remove plastic wrap; sprinkle breasts with salt and pepper. Spread spinach mixture on each breast, top with Monterey Jack cheese strips, roll chicken, and secure with toothpicks. Dip each chicken roll in melted butter; coat thoroughly with bread crumbs. Place chicken rolls side by side in an 8-inch microwave-safe baking dish with seam-side down. Cover dish with plastic wrap, leaving 1/2 inch of one side uncovered to vent steam.
- Cook chicken rolls in microwave until juices run clear and chicken is firm to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Cook's Notes:
- Use more or less chicken, depending on the amount of filling you want to include in each roll.
- A blender can be used in place of a food processor to make the pesto.
- Your favorite cheese can be substituted for Monterey Jack.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 685 calories; 54.5 10.2 39.8 132 866 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I mixed premade pesto with the spinach. I also baked at 350 for 40 mins. I also find rolling chicken very difficult so I placed the mixture between two pounded chicken thighs and it turned out...