Ingredients1 h 31 m servings 590
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a food processor.
- Place basil leaves, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup olive oil, and 4 cloves garlic in the food processor with the pine nuts. Blend pesto into a smooth paste, about 3 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and 3 cloves garlic; cook and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add spinach; cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and egg together in a large bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 cup pesto. Add spinach and chicken mixture; stir to combine.
- Spread remaining 1/2 cup pesto in the casserole dish. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping, in the bottom of the dish. Top with 1/3 of the ricotta spinach mixture and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice, ending with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly and golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 590 calories; 33.5 35.2 39.5 99 810 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I exchanged cream cheese melted into my pesto sauce instead of ricotta cheese. Delicious recipe!
Very good! I thought it bland, and doubled the pesto (from a jar). That helped! I'd make it again, and would add more garlic tooThis is a one dish meal, with all the spinach.