Deliciously Easy Garlic Herb Focaccia
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 224 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, bread flour, white sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and active dry yeast, respectively, in the pan of a bread machine. Select pizza cycle; press Start.
- Combine crushed garlic and 1/3 cup olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside to let it steep, about 30 minutes.
- Combine Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion powder, and herbes de Provence in another small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Deflate dough and turn out into the baking sheet. Stretch dough gently out to 1/2-inch thickness, using your fingers to make dimples that will hold the toppings.
- Pour garlic and oil mixture onto dough and spread it evenly over the dough and edges with your hands. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle dough with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer from the baking sheet to a rack. Let cool, 5 minutes. Cut into squares with a pizza cutter.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute Romano cheese for the Parmesan if desired.
- Substitute and Italian herb blend for the herbes de Provence if preferred.
- If your machine doesn't have a pizza cycle, select dough cycle.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 224 calories; 9.9 g fat; 26.3 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 6 mg cholesterol; 311 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was really good! I warmed up the oil a little and steeped it with the garlic for a little while, then also used that oil in the bread. For the herbs, I cheated a little and used Italian sea...