Butternut Squash Tacos
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 239
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 tacos)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine cubed squash, 1 tablespoon oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic in a large bowl; mix to coat. Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until squash is tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Combine black beans, cumin, chili powder, and salt in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and red bell pepper; cook and stir until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place 2 tortillas in the skillet and cook until heated through, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Top tortillas with baked squash, black beans, and onion-red pepper mixture. Garnish with green onions, cilantro, and lime.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Prepare 1 box Mexican or Spanish rice according to directions on the box, and add to the onion and red bell pepper mixture in step 5 if desired. Alternatively, flavor fresh rice with lime and cilantro and use that to top tacos instead.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 239 calories; 6.5 39.8 7.6 0 445 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1